Pages


Thursday 16 June 2011

The man in my life...

You love to hate them but can't live with out them. What you gonna do? My hubby and I disagree on loads of things and food is near the top subjects. When I started this journey a year ago my husband just had major surgery and was at his heaviest weight. After his surgery he started to loose weight but it was not until I started to make SW food that he really slimmed down. He feels great (and looks it too) and the health benefits have been greatly to his advantage. You see my husband not only had the big accident and all the injuries to deal with he had to deal with DVT's and arthritis too.

At the time of his pre-opp, wearing size 38
At the time of his pre-opp he was wearing a size 38, and as I now call it, had a pelican neck...lol. (I can share that I have been compared to a potato vs a McDonald's chip,size wise that is)


June 2nd the week I joined SW












I can't say that he follows the plan 100%, but I don't make different meals all the time. He still has a lot more syn's than I do but just by eating healthy meals at dinner time, has already done him wonders.

April 2011, now fitting in a
size 34 and M Shirt.
After just one year and with no real effort from him self he has lost over 3 stone already. He is now wearing a size 34 and M Shirts and he himself has had a complete wardrobe change. As for his health since he is lighter. His back aches and sore feet is dealing better with his current weight. It is less to carry in a sense and has helped him somewhat with his arthritis too.

He looks good and feels great about him self. This is something that the family can do together. My kids love SW chips they enjoy diet coke chicken and even love salad, the oldest even prefers water.

We don't get hungry and we still have treats. It's just a healthier lifestyle.
My point, you ask, is that this is not just a plan that you alone should follow. Make meals for the whole family and know that you are teaching your children a healthier way of living.

No comments:

Post a Comment