Pages


Tuesday 28 June 2011

What's for Dinner/Lunch

I find that I like to use my HEB for my lunch. I don't have the same everyday as I got bored at the start with it. Here is a few of my ideas that I use for lunch...

I like snacking, it is probably my downfall over all. But I find this to be a nice way of doing just that. As a HEB I can have either 6 crackerbreads, 4 crispbreads or 3 slices of Weight Watchers Brown Danish bread, so that would be my starting point.I have my cottage cheese and quark on hand and if I have it cheese triangles then I add them to.

I use my quark as a butter for the days I miss my butter. In general quark and cottage cheese has replaced my cheese, butter and sauces and when you make a white sauce pasta, mash or even scrambled eggs these help with the milk replacement. Anyway you top your bread with one of these (or a variety of them, that's what I do). I then add some tomato, sliced pickled onions and gherkins and salt and pepper. I then add some ham or fish or even just have it like that.
We all know Tune is free, but here is some of my fav's...
Princes's Mackerel in Tomato Sauce (free), in Spicy Tomato Sauce (free) and in Mustard Sauce (½ syn). Particularly the mustard one is really nice and looking at the syn value it is not a lot. I even use tuna if I have.

Mackerel in tomato sauce with trimmings
Crab stics with trimmings


Ham with trimmings

That is more than often what my choice would be. However I do on the occasion have an omelet or quiche. I would even do Jacket potato with fillings. Just this afternoon I had jacket potato with beans/spaghetti in tomato sauce and salad on the side. It really depends on if I have cereal in the morning or if I am planning on burgers for tea/supper. You just need to figure out what you like and work around it. I really can't be asked to make proper meals at dinner time. So HEB would be my choice most of the time. I am having a go at cereal in the morning so will see how it pans out having to live on potato for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment