Pages


Saturday 2 July 2011

Fish and chip night.

It is Friday and we ask the girls, "what do you want for tea tonight?". They reply, "Fish and chips". I have to tell you I am very strange as I don't like the batter on chippy fish and chips, never have, and for that matter I don't like KFC. I know it's funny cause for someone that never ate fatty foods I sure did have a lot of extra weight, lol. Anyway, I didn't fancy chippy and so my hubby said why don't we got get fresh fish at the counter, YIPPPPY. ASDA fresh fish counter had Salmon fillets on special so that's what we took. £8 for kg not bad and believe me it was loads. Picked up some potatoes so we can make SW chips and off home we went.

Salmon and chips with salad
It was really simple to make after just having a quick google. Started off with the potatoes, cut them up and in to the oven they went. Then all I did with the salmon fillets is skin it, as didn't realize they had given it to me with all the scales on lol,maybe ask them to this for you at the counter before hand to save some time. In a hot pan with fry light just seal both sides sprinkle with salt and then turn it down and let it cook for around 15min, turning it over half way. 

Made a little sauce to go with it, this too was really simple. For one serving it is about 3 - 4 tbsp of fromage frais with 1 tsp of Dijon mustard (½syn). Add some lemon juice and there you have a lovely sauce for your fish, I even had it as a salad dressing.

I served it with salad, and believe me this was better than a chippy fish and chips. I reckon it would have cost us around £15 at the chippy and it cost me £10 and little of my own time and best of all it was a free meal with out the sauce. For that matter, I don't no if anybody else feels a takeout should be plentiful, it was a really big meal so I felt like I had a takeout.

There was plenty of left overs, so the next day I had a salmon salad for lunch. It was really delicious. There you have it folks. You can do your own Friday night takeout.

Salmon Salad with dressing

No comments:

Post a Comment