Pages


Sunday 28 August 2011

Falling off the wagon

We are all to familiar to this term it is scary. We have all lost the plot at some point. It is what we do after that counts. I am no saint in this department. If I have a bad WI and feel really crappy I am more than likely to go binge eat.

This week was perfect example. I had a gain last week, this did not surprise me as I had visitors and was not really following the plan. I was having a "holiday" with my folks. Getting back on plan and back in to my exercise routine was hard and even though I was 100% I gained what I had lost over my holiday time. This meant I was back to pre-holiday weight. I could deal with this.
This week was a really hard week. My husband went for an operation and was away from home most the week. WI day last week was my daughters birthday and I had some cake and things with them. Other than that one day I was perfect. I was stressing a little but still kept my snacking to super free food. I was not able to go to WI this week as my husband came home day before and is on bed rest but my scale is pretty dead on with SW scales. What a surprise after a perfect week to have gained another ½lb.

I was not happy to top it off I was moody. This meant one thing, *week. That just peeved me off even more. Started to eat everything that I had wanted to eat that week. Tea cakes, rice crispy balls, cheese and what not. I actually felt sick to my stomach. Now that is truly falling off the wagon. Anyway, the next day I pulled myself together and started a fresh. I forgot about the day I had and started a new week.

Now most of us do want to pull our rains a little when we have had a bad day. That is when you have had more of a flexi day rather than full on pig out. In most cases best thing is to cut syns, however don't cut them all. Have at least 5 a day till WI. Don't cut your HE options as these are healthy, instead have more super free food. Have a veg stir fry instead. Make a super free soup for lunch. Have loads of salad.Don't forget to keep doing your exercise.

One thing that has also come up loads is, "I keep getting caught over lunch while out". If this happens often you should think of making a quiche and packing some in when you leave the house, this will help. There is also other options. Most shops has a lovely range of ready fruit salad. Have this with a yogurt. Most take out places do salads. McDonald's has a grilled chicken salad that is 3 syns with out dressing. If you go to a chippy have the fish and take the batter off. Most say have it with mushy peas. You have other options. I am sorry if you are out over meal time and you do need something to eat there is better options if you really want it. If you are wanting to choose the unhealthy option count the syns and don't do it again the next day. That is how simple it gets. Don't try to blame your choice on circumstance there is always another option.

We all do this at some point. I think one of the things I have learnt is that I am the biggest reason for getting over weight, nobody else was to blame. We have to learn to believe in ourselves and believe that following the plan works. There is many of us that has proved that it works, need I say more.

No comments:

Post a Comment