Pages


Sunday 28 August 2011

Weekly planning.

People have been asking me what I would normally have to eat. I don't really plan a week in advance. I like to decide the night before or even the morning of. My mind changes to often, don't feel like this today or hubby doesn't want that today or for that matter the kids had McDonald's and I am not making a meal just for me.

I keep basics in the house. What ever is on special is my usual shopping list items. Pork chops, Chicken fillets Gammon roast. whole chicken and the all important mince.

ASDA has a smart price brand of caramel wafers it is only 4 syns a bar and that gives me a chocolate fix. Poundland sells Weight Watchers puff balls and that's only 4 syns as well. That kinda keeps me going on syns and snacks. I do eat a lot of fruit and raw carrots as snacks.

One of my previous downfalls has always been biscuits and the kids sweet jar. I would want a a snack and grab the easy stuff bread with butter or pack of crisps ( and I ain't referring to small packet either.) These day I make sure I have fruit, yogurts and things that is easy to make in.

When I want to make a special meal that is well thought out prior I go to the shop with a list. Weekly planning to me is keeping it simple.

I start my day with coffee with out it you will not get anything out of me. At ASDA I found a container with screw lid that is perfect for milk. I have red milk so it is an exact measure. This is kept in my fridge and everyone knows that is my milk for coffee. This will be my HEA option.

Breakfast: This will be one of a few choices.
1. 28g of Oats (HEB) made with water add some cut up fruit to make it nice and bulky.
2. Fried egg, mushroom and tomato with toast (HEB) and bacon.
3. Cut up fruit with yogurt.
4. Omelet with fried onion, peppers, tomato, mushroom and ham. Topped with cottage cheese.
5. Toast (HEB) with scrambled egg and tomato and mushroom
6. Low syn sausage with sauteed potato fried mushroom, tomato and eggs.

Lunch:
1. Toast (HEB) with ham, cottage cheese, tomato and lettuce.
2. Ryvita crispbread or crackerbread (HEB) with fillings. I have some ideas on previous blog post.
3. Salad.
4. Jacket potato with filling.
5. Tomato Soup
6. Potato tortilla and salad

Dinner: By this time of day my kids are home and they need to eat as well. Most days they eat the same as us.
1. Cottage pie with salad or veg
2. Chicken pasta with salad.
3. Pork chop with veg and potato
4. Chicken Stir Fry
5. Prawn Paella
6. Diet coke Chicken with couscous and veg

There is always 1 meal in a week that is unexpected so don't worry about it to much.

Plan new recipes but try and keep it for weekends. If you work or have kids you don't always have the time and if you are new to the plan you feel very unsure of your self. Start of easy and progress to better things. I have a blog post that has a general shopping list. This would be your best bet. I always have those things in the house as that is what I use all the time.

Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment