Pages


Sunday 5 June 2011

Body Magic

When most people start there slimming world journey they look at the plan and wonder if they will be able to do this. The consultant makes it sound easy enough with the extra easy plan, but when they start to talk about body magic I think that just scares you... I know it did me. I was that bad that I use to drive the kids to school and back and considering that it is only an 8 min walk either way I was really not doing anything to help myself.

Well before you go, "but I can't do exercise", this is how I started off. The first few weeks I just did the eating plan, getting my head to the right place was more important. I gradually started with fetching my eldest daughter from school in the afternoons and she really enjoyed the walk. I then started to walk her to school in the mornings. So there we have two school runs a day at least 3 times a week.When the kids started there summer holiday we started to walk to the park and I might add, for a 4/5 year old a 25 min walk there, play time and 25min walk back is no easy feat. This was the easy way to entertain the kids so we went often.

When the kids went back to school I started to walk home the long way around, this meant instead of the usual 8 min walk home I did a 25min walk home. Mind you I didn't do this more than twice a week at the start. Come Xmas time I started to get greedy, walked more often and further, honestly it did not help my weight loss. In other words if you don't feel up to that kind of exercise keep it simple.

Almost 11 months down the line I have now got a routine. Most mornings I walk the kids to school, The youngest still gets fetched from school 50/50 as she doesn't like the walk home and most of the time we are on our way too or from the shop. At 3 I fetch the eldest and the joke of it all is she hates it when I fetch her with the car (how is that for motivational walking... lol).

I recently decided to get myself the Zumba DVD's for home. I didn't feel very comfy in exposing myself till now anyway, and the classes are a tad expensive for me at the moment. I have lost so much weight and after 2 kids my tummy has excessive skin that just is not tightening up. Anyway, I started off with the basic DVD work out, it's only 20min and is a slow start so you can learn the steps. I did this a few times till I felt comfortable then gave the Cardio party ago. Tad more difficult but the work out felt great, I took it up a notch and tried to do this 3 times a week the first week. well I felt so good I tried the Sculpt and tone DVD...a lot harder, but damn did I feel the work out later. I really enjoyed it and upped my game and started to do it more often. I would really recommend this to everybody who doesn't like the normal gym workout or aerobics. It is more like dancing in a club, even if you do it at home.

You will see in a previous blog post that I talked about android apps that you can use for tracking this kind of thing, so go have a look.

There is other ways of doing your BM and the consultants will explain more about that. I am just sharing what I have experienced so far. Everybody is different remember that.

My advice is work at your own pace as you lose weight you will want to add a bit more body magic. You will feel better, you'll want to do some toning etc. Have fun that's the most important.

No comments:

Post a Comment