Pages


Monday 6 June 2011

Charity Shopping.

Yes I know what you are going to say... I didn't want to go this route myself at the start. The reality is that most of us can not afford the wardrobe changes we go through when we are losing 4 stone plus. Face it droping 2 sizes on it's own makes your pre clothes look drab. I didn't want to spend money on a new wardrobe as I had so much weight I had to loose. I couldn't afford spending £10 on one pair of jeans let alone needing 2 or 3. I was chucking things out my cupboard at such a rate that I got to a point that I had nothing hanging in my cupboard. I am not joking, it was that bad.

My husband has also lost around 3 stone and was also in need of some clothing, so he dragged me down to the charity shop. We have 3 locally and some are a little more expensive than others. I have one favourate one that is a £1 an item, what ever you take off the shelf. Really the first time I just browsed, the second time I found an item, the thired time...well I walked out with about 3 outfits. That is how it got me going. I am still picky, but I find things that still have tags on so thats great.

I have managed to go from nothing to wear, to a wardrobe full and can honestly say I don't think I have spent £50 on it yet. In other words don't feel like while you loosing weight you can't start to feel good about your self. I went from looking fat to drab, found charity shop blis to feeling good. We go look once a week if we can and I try not to go to the more expensive ones as I am happy with £2 to £3 a week on something to wear.

Might add you can find great things in these places as well. People give things away that honestly there is nothing wrong with. The other day I found a set of lady weights for a £1, great stuff. Don't feel bad cause you go in a charity shop please. I reckon if we girls stick together we might even beable to start our own charity shop in group lol. We all started at some odd size and we all go down during our journey. Might actually mention this to my group sometime, "Bags 2 Group" drive.

Well thats may thoughts on Charity shopping when on a budget...

No comments:

Post a Comment