Pages


Tuesday 7 June 2011

Lazy Cook

If there is one thing I am it is a lazy cook most days. Don't get me wrong I love food and love preparing big extravagant meals, but most days I really cba.

This morning I made myself a cooked breakfast, while doing dishes and cleaning the kitchen, it was that easy.

Fromelet

Fromelet with cottage cheese

Remember I said I keep the frozen bags of diced onion and peppers in freezer, yes that's right take them out. In a pan with Fry light add your onion, peppers and some mushrooms. What ever you fancy really. I added sweetcorn and chopped tomato to it. Fry that till browned then add 3 eggs, mix it in and leave it to set for a bit. Stick under the grill till golden on top and serve with some cottage cheese. Yumm. Like I said fromelet, not really and omelet but not quite a frittata.

Scrambled eggs

Who likes scrambled eggs? Who likes cleaning the pan after?. Not me, I hate it especially when the hubby makes it... I had a friend teach me this one, was really impressed by it and use this method often. Crack open your eggs in a large microwave dish. Add your salt and pepper and beat it up with a fork. Pop it in the microwave for about minute and a half and give it a stir. Keep doing this till 70% cooked then leave in the micro for few min, it will carry on cooking. There you have it, break it up a bit and dish over your toast. Done. Doesn't take more than 5 min and no pan to scrub. One happy me.

Ok so you have previously seen that I talked about making potato in the oven and even the pasta and rice. Talk about lazy cooking, lol. I tried making paella the other day and had to improvise a little so here is my suggestion for easy paella...

Paella

Firstly I took 2 veg stock cubes and dissolved it in 400ml of boiling water. Added this to a 350g of rice and popped it in the microwave covered with cling wrap for 15min, don't forget large bowl for rice. By the way the first time I tried this, I cooked the rice in the pan like they said and still had hard bits in it at the end, just shows you I can not do rice on the stove lol. Right in a pan with Fry light fry some onion, peppers and mushrooms. Then add a can of chopped tomatoes.and let it simmer. when the rice is done add the whole lot to the pan and give it a good mix. Add some veg, like beans peas and carrots and give it another mix. Add some prawns and some crab or mussels etc. The last lot I made I had a packet of prawns from ASDA and a can of minced crab and it was delish. I really enjoyed it.

The best thing in my day is when asking my girls "what do you want for supper tonight" and they reply "ghetti and meatballs" dead easy. A can each of spaghetti in tomato sauce and meatballs and couple of slices of toast. That easy then I am only left with what to feed myself. Well tonight it was mixed veg for a starter and sw chips with my own brew over it.

Tomato relish sauce - my style

Remember that frozen bag of onion, peppers and mushrooms, bring them out. In a pan add a handfuls of each and brown it up. Add a can of chopped tomato and couple of tables spoons of passata and season to taste. Add some sweetcorn, Worcester sauce and a can of diet lemonade/coke. Let it simmer till it thickens up. There you have it pour over your sw chips and yummm.

to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment