Pages


Saturday 11 June 2011

Shepard's Pie...

My husband and I have very different ideas of what is nice and what is just edible. There is many things he doesn't eat...peas, pumpkin, white sauce pasta, etc. We work around it most days and either he makes him self food or keeps quiet . I make carbonara for myself when they have pizza and stir fry for us both when the kids want nuggets.

Well decided yesterday to make a Shepard's pie. Hubby doesn't like this really, but surprisingly ate it. I started off with boiling some potatoes for mash. When it was ready to mash up I added a few spoons of cottage cheese and salt. In a pot with Fry Light brown some diced onion and mince. Then I added half a bag of casserole diced veg and 2 beef stock cubes some seasoning and 350ml of boiling water.

I then thought to myself how can I thicken it up a bit... I decided, why not try the diet coke chicken basic idea. So I added a couple of drops of Worcester Sauce and couple tablespoons of passata and let it simmer on high till it started to go thick. Ta dah.

Pour the mince mixture in a  oven dish and top it with your mash, sprinkle a bit of Paprika over and in the oven on about 200ÂșC for about 20min or till golden brown. I had this with some salad on the side and it was really yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment