Pages


Thursday 28 July 2011

Holiday

I am backkkkk... Yes I know I have been gone for a bit but I am back. I have had a lovely 2 weeks off from SW while having visitors from South Africa. I have not taken much time off from SW since I started so I felt no regret in having a very flexi two weeks. It is not every day that you have family from abroad.

Most days we ate SW meals. I don't cook differently. If you visit you eat what I eat. I just had more syns than normal. Well you can't exactly not eat your fav chocolate from SA, it would just be wrong lol. We walked to the shops instead of driving, and even the family enjoyed it. They shopped up a storm. and then we had to carry it all home again. So that was my BM for the week, lol. (I did not have time to do my normal exercise routine.)

However, the day after they left all went back to normal. I went straight back on plan and had about 3 days before WI. Yesterday was WI day and I was so pleased with myself coming back from "holiday" and I had lost 3lbs. Yeah me.

Moral of the story is. When you go on holiday take the time off from SW. Make the correct choices when choosing food, in other words, instead of taking the high fat content meal pick the low fat choice. Have loads of fruit and salad and do a lot of activities.  If you want the Cornetto cone have it, don't think twice. If you want the blueberry muffin, have it. Hell if you eat the bag of peanuts so be it. It is holiday. My advice is go rock climbing, swimming, snorkeling, bike riding or even fast pace walks. every day. Then have some fun.

On your return, go back on plan the very next day. That way you will get your frame of mind right again.

I enjoyed my holiday. I did a lot of activity and chose low fat options. I flexied my syns and went back on plan after they left. I went to my very next WI and lost 3lbs. It goes to show it can be done. Even if I had gained I would still have made the same choices. It was worth it.

Have fun on your next holiday...

No comments:

Post a Comment