Pages


Thursday 28 July 2011

Syn free Potato Salad

One thing I miss is know and again taking a potato salad pot off the shelf in ASDA. My eldest daughters loves them but when I made it at home with the Helmans lighter than light Mayo it seems to tangy for her then she doesn't like it. To me having the lot my self was just to many syns and left nothing for chocolate. So with having family and friends visiting the last few weeks I started to look for syn free option online. To my surprise I found one. I did tweak it a little but even if I do say so myself was really yummy. My eldest loves it and my friends also enjoyed it.

Firstly you will need to peel some potatoes and boil them. This to me is a sticky one. Some prefer to peel some don't. Some like the canned new potatoes and some like big chunks. It is up to you how you do this. While that is boiling away get out the following.

Some eggs, vinegar, sweetener, fromage frais, salt and pepper. The basic steps are:

1. 1 Egg yolk
2. 1 tsp White Wine Vinegar
3. 2tbsp Fromage Frais
4. Sweetener to taste
5. Salt and Pepper to taste.
6. Blend all together and chill - The longer it chills the thicker it gets.

When I make potato salad I kinda double or triple the recipe depending how much I am making.

It is a really nice syn free option and you can make a lot and keep it in the freezer for a day or two as a salad.
Hope this gives you a nice BBQ option for the summer time.

No comments:

Post a Comment