Pages


Saturday 29 October 2011

Chocolate Baked Rice Pudding

Being from SA I do miss my traditional Sago pudding. I have not managed to find the same thing here and most people eat rice pudding. I can't however say that I like it. I have tried the recipe that SW gives us but it just was not nice to me.

I decided to try make my own thing. I was in desperate need to get a chocolate fix and for that matter wanted to have a pudding of my own when the rest of my family had there's.

So baked Rice Pudding was born.
Serves 4 for ½syn each.

Add 1 Cup of rice mixed with a Mint Chocolate Options (1½ syn's) and 350ml of Boiling Water in a microwave safe bowl. Put it in the microwave for 10min on high. Give it a stir and if you need more boiling water then add some. Just remember that all the water needs to have been absorbed by the end. Back in the micro for a further 5min and let it cool.
Add 2 tsp of Vanilla Extract and Sweetener to taste. Mix in 2 eggs and 6 to 8 heaped tbsp of Framge Frais.
Spray fry light in a smallish Pyrex dish and pour mixture in to it. Bake in oven for 40min or so at 180ยบ

Serve warm or cold with a Custard and Banana Muller light (1syn). The Muller you could share between 2 so in that case it would be 1 syn per serving. Yummmmmm. Better photo to follow

I will try get better picture next time I make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment