Pages


Monday 14 November 2011

Target Member

This was a very debatable subject for me.
As you know I have struggled the last few months. Having many ups and downs... I got my 6 stone award and was only 4lb away from my own target. The consultant did want me to keep the weight at my award as my target, but noooo I wanted more. You know how it is you get a nice round figure in your head and that's what you want.

Ohhh boy. Then I gained, maintained and only had small losses and I was not happy. I had to go sit down and really think about target weight. I had far surpassed my original goal and set new goals, as we all do with things like this.

This was my conclusion...
My first goal was Club 10 (this obviously is one that they give you.)
My goal when starting SW was to fit in a Size 14... Did that.

Then I changed, the more I lost the more I wanted it. I started to look at my BMI and what they say it should be. I decided that I wanted to push for more. I set my personal goal (I am not there yet) and tried and tried. I got to 3lb away. After having a stressful time with not getting to my target I decided to take my 6 stone award weight as target. That would give me a breather, it would be close enough to my target and if I lost more I would change it when I got to the weight I really wanted. Besides if I stayed in my 3lb either side allowance I would be at my own target at the bottom end.

You might ask what my point is. I am no longer outside of  a healthy BMI so I am happy. It is all so nearing Xmas and I want to enjoy it as I have family visiting this year but I will keep trying to get to my personal goal (an extra 3lb) I am just not gonna try so hard.

This is my way of life I will not go back to old habits, but I feel free to have a few treats. If you are struggling keep thinking of your end goal. I look and feel a different person and I happier for it. I persevered and it payed off.

Good luck to you in your journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment